Monday, December 8, 2008

More Third Grade Fun

Third grade was another productive day, with some great stories. First when we got to school, this one little girl, who I just love. She is so sweet and the cutest little girl. Well she informed me that her mom is in charge of the ward Christmas party and Santa is going to be there. Then she tells me to come close cause she has a secret for me. She whispers in my ear, all serious like, "We may even get the REAL Santa to come. But no one knows cause it's a big secret." I'm glad we all believe in Santa.
Next we have more stories of the student who acts more like an adult. When I want to get the students attention I raise my hand and say "Five, four, three, two, one," all while counting down on my fingers. By the time I finish they should be in their seats, quiet and eyes on me. She informed that, "it really offends my culture, when you hold up your fingers like this, (she is holding up her two fingers making a piece sign.) Because I'm Irish and it's like flickin someone off. So I would appreciate it if you didn't do that." I informed her that we are in America and here it means the number two, or a piece sign. And I am sorry but that is how I do it. We could talk about it later if she would like.
I tell you, where do these kids come up with this stuff. I just love it. Never a dull day, never.

3 comments:

::David and Erin:: said...

Ha ha! You have a sweet little class.

Megan Jenkins Mendoza said...

Thats halarious! So I didnt even know about any teaching stuff! Well we really need to catch up!!

Bryce and Camilla said...

Hey Michelle! I didn't know you were a teacher. What grade. That's really neat. It's been so long. How are you?