Today was a crazy day in third grade. My students have left for the day, and I should be writing the February newsletter, but I will give you all a new story about my adventures with crazy kids.
So the girl who is the cause of most of my madness always has something new to say. Here are two of the newest and best. I think by the end of this year, I could make a top ten, or really top twenty list of the crazy things kids say.
On Thursday of last week, the students were all in P.E., or suppose to be. Next thing I know, she comes running into the classroom holding here shoes and saying "The spider ant will get me because of my shoe, cause it will smell my shoe. I don't want it's poison to attack on me. It will kill you." I then ask why she is in here, and she informs me it is because they were killing spider ants and now she has to wash off her shoe, or the spider ants will kill her. You might be thinking why she was killing ants when she should have been playing the game, I wonder as well.
Next....On Wednesday she is turned around talking to some other students, when I hear her say something to the extent of, "No it's spelling like this, shit!" Gasps were then heard around the classroom and she immediately covered her face with her scarf. Other students kept telling her it was a mistake and everybody makes mistakes. They know she didn't mean to say it, and it's ok. As the other students leave we have a quick discussion. She is hysterical saying, "My dad is going to wash my mouth out with soap." All the while she is talking, I am pretty sure snot is coming down her nose. "And he is going to take away my favorite movie the Goonies, because that's where I learned it from, and he is going to wash my mouth out with soap." Intense right. After a few deep breaths, I let her know that I know it was an accident because she is sad about it. I tell her her dad will not wash her mouth out with soap and everything will be ok. She then asked, "Could I wash my mouth out here so I don't have to do it at home." Yes that would have been good, but no. I let her know I could not allow that, but she could get a drink. The best part of all this is that in the morning she was so excited to show me her CTR ring
This is mainly for Mindy, because I know she loves me talking about my school kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha ha ha! I think I want your job. Those kids are fabulous!
Post a Comment