For the past year or so I have been substitute teaching for this fifth/sixth grade class, who might I add are crazy and sometimes a handful. Today was no exception. So this morning some of the boys were throwing things around the room, now I feel like that is inappropriate, so I told them to stop. I said the next person who throws anything will be going to the principal. Well I have made those threats before, but today I did it. I saw one boy throw something, I went over and asked what happened. He said another kid threw something first, the boy being accused blamed another kid for telling him to do it. Did we do those things when we were kids, blaming others for what we did. Probably. What did I do, yes I sent them to the principal. I did it, and I'll admit I almost felt like crying. They were in the Principal's office for the rest of the day and she called their parents. I felt horrible and to top it off one of the boys came in after school with his parents, teary eyes and all, and apologized. Yes I wanted to cry again.
I guess this is going to be a first of many Principal visits and I'm sure many more tears to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment